Eightball Media concentrates on Web Design + Development, Branding and Digital Marketing. Customers choose us for our Strategy and Design. We aim to help businesses of all sizes gain an advantage over their competition.
We are currently looking for a PHP Developer with skills in Magento and WordPress to join our Web Development team. With a preferred 2years + experience. You will be working in a fast paced environment at our office located in Woolloongabba, Brisbane, working alongside other developers, designers and search marketing team members.
In addition, the role will include working on existing websites, custom plugins, general web updates, changes and troubleshooting. You will have opportunities to work on large brands through to mum and dad websites that affect their bottom line. We are always working and trying to excel on in everything we do. From time to time you will need to deal with customer phone support, workshop meetings and other enquiries that may include emails and DNS record management.
So what are the Key Attributes we are looking for:
- A strong level of communication skills
- Ability to manage and prioritise competing deadlines
- Strong problem solving and web developer skills
- A desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Customer Service background advantageous
- Ability to work both independently and in a team is essential
- On Larger web projects you will be required to work with team members to map out the features, functionality and capability of a website before development commences
- Develop supplied concept designs into functioning responsive websites
- Customisation of pre-built modules and components for websites
- Optimising website speeds, and assisting with SEO Implementation
- Working with a range of CMS and CRM platforms
- Feedback and improvement of processes in web development
- Coding custom built web applications
Knowledge and Capabilities:
- You will need a strong foundation in Web development for both Magento & WordPress so you’re ready to hit the ground running! Please do not apply if you only have experience in customising WordPress Themes. We are looking for experienced web developers that can cut-up custom design layouts.
- PHP (almost all your work will involve PHP) & HTML/CSS
- Experience with a range of CMS platforms is preferred
- A good command of English is also essential
- In your initial email submission to us, please share 3 website examples you have worked on as a developer
- To check that you read this job description, in your application answer the following question: In Star Wars Episode VI, Luke Skywalker and friends travel to what planet to rescue Han Solo from Jabba the Hutt?
- Understanding of MySQL & cPanel preferred but not essential
- Previous experience developing email templates (e.g. MailChimp) is preferred
- Experience in deploying Google Analytics or Tag Manager is advantageous
Attitude & Experience:
We are a diverse team with a wide range of skill sets, some would say we are geeky; some may think they are nerdy however we are passionate about all things design and digital. We are always looking for team members who can work well in groups and can work independently with a can do attitude.
How To Apply:
If you are interested in working with us and advancing your career, please send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter, outlining your experience.
Due to the number of applications we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.