More and More people are jumping on the Twitter Bandwagon for business. Twitter like many other Social Media Networks is based on YOU the USER, interacting as YOU. The trends seem to go as – people out there want to know about you the person and what you know, not so much as just your business. Although this may differ for larger businesses.
The following 9 Tips are for business owners wanting to utilise Twitter but don’t know what Twitter can be used for. For more information please click: Brisbane Internet Marketing for more information.
1. Corporate and Peronal Branding. Twitter is a social media platform you can use to build your personal & business brand. It has the primary benefit of developing a casual persona and establishes you as a social personality that is connected and approachable.
2. Live Coverage. Because of Twitter’s unique 140 characters and the ability with mobile messaging, you can provide real-time coverage of Events.
3. Feedback. Need an alternative perspective on how a website looks or the right course of action to take? Blast out a message asking for advice and you’ll receive replies from other users. This collective intelligence can be used as fodder for articles or projects.
4. News. Twitter users often link to useful sites or articles and can be a source of scoops and alternative news. You can also subscribe to Twitter feeds for specific websites/conferences, which allows you to receive and view content quickly. This is very useful for active social news participants.
5. Networking. Twitter can be used as a socializing platform for you to interact with other like-minded people. Quite often people from the same industry will follow you on twitter. It can be used to establish consistent and deeper relationships for future benefits such as testimonials or peer recommendations.
6. Management. Twitter can be set to private (for security reasons) and then can be used as a company intranet that connects employees to one another. Workers can liaise with each other when working on group projects. Particularly useful when certain workers go out often in the field.
7. Customers. Setting up a Twitter feed for the specific purpose of informing customers when new products have been released.
8. New Friends. Twitter has a function for you to befriend and track the messages of other users thru its platform. This is an easy way for you connect with people outside of your usual circle. If you make an effort to add active users you find interesting a Twitter acquaintance can eventuate into a long lasting friendship.
9. Promotions & Event Updates. Businesses can use Twitter as a means to inform event participants and latest event happenings/changes. This is a hassle-free way of disseminating information, especially when you don’t have the means to set up a direct mobile link between you and the audience
Thanks for reading!
Stay tuned for more shortly and do not forget to subscribe!