FRONT-END WEB DEVELOPER WANTED!
An exciting role that offers challenges and growth
We are looking for a web developer wanting to step up and help grow a team! This will be a multi discipline role which will include working with a wide range of industries from hospitality to manufacturing, franchising through to commerce. The successful applicant will be working as a web developer on website implementations & support. The successful applicant will also have the opportunities to be involved with researching new web based technologies to assist our clients in their online performance. Your day to day will involve custom website development, minor support requests, on-going customer interaction, project planning and strategic planning for website development.
Roles & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include website development, web programming and looking after web servers. Working with the Technical Director, Project Manager, Web Designers and other team members, you must carry a great attitude to handle the challenges associated with a fast paced web development environment. Your communication skills must also allow you to quickly grasp concepts and communicate them to the team. Attitude, communication and skills are crucial to the role.
- Turn the provided designs from our in house design team into functioning websites
- Customise modules and components for websites
- Be able to develop mobile and responsive websites (a must)
- Assisting the Technical Director in minor to major roles for custom built web applications
- May also include assisting clients with basic enquiries regarding their website
- The applicant should also enjoy working to deadlines
Knowledge, Skills, Education, Experience, and Capabilities
- Good experience with WordPress and Joomla – you should have built at least 5 websites
- Magento experience is advantageous or other CMS platforms
- Strong familiarity with HTML & CSS
- An understanding of PHP
- Familiar with using MySQL
- Helpful to have an understanding of cPanel but ok if you don’t yet
- Customer Service background advantageous
- Able to follow documentation and procedures and help improve them from time to time
- Communicate well with other team members
- Attention to detail
Experience is great, Attitude is better!
- The applicant must be able to fit into the Eightball Media team
- Friendly and easy to work with
- Team player
- Work independently
How to Apply
Send through a cover letter and current CV, addressing the above criteria, as well as portfolio of the projects you’ve worked on to email@example.com . Feel free to contact us if you have any other questions.